2006 to present
Marketing and Support Associate - Joined Abrakadoodle Corporate team where she is the Artist in residence, creating educational art products, collateral pieces, and giving support to franchise owners.
2005 to 2006
Lead teacher for Abrakadoodle, Art Education for children, with responsibilities in teaching children, training and managing several teachers, distributing supplies, offering special presentations in schools and Open Houses to generate new business opportunities. Also, worked as a Portuguese Language teacher for the Portuguese School Marques de Pombal in Manassas, VA, winning the first place for community schools with her cultural projects in the National Contest promoted by the Portuguese Embassy (Washington DC).
1999 to 2004
Worked as free lancer for several international companies in the areas
of Television, Retail, and Advertising, creating and executing corporate
brochures, logos and other creative marketing materials.
Art Director – Sucessfully was responsible for the concept, creation and design of campaigns, promotional materials and graphic design for Bates’ main customers such as Compaq, Lucky Strike, Roche, Electrolux, and Balay. As recognition, was selected to participate in the Creative Workshop at Bates Europe, held in Barcelona, Spain.
1991 to 1993 - COMUNICAR – FCB Group in PORTUGAL
Art Director – Awarded with the Direct Marketing Prize for the NESTLE mailing campaign. Responsible for the concept, creation and design of campaigns, promotional materials and graphic design for Comunicar’s main customers such as NESTLE, Deutch Bank, NOBRE, IVP Seafood, Resort Quinta da Corticada, TMG Fabrics.
1988 to 1991 - J.W. THOMPSON – PORTUGAL
Joined JWT as a trainee and was promoted to Art Director Jr, working
directly with the Senior Art Director, developing and creating entire
campaigns, packaging, graphic design and promotional materials.
B.S. Visual Communication – University of Comunication and Arts, Mackenzie – Sao Paulo – Brazil
Portfolio Paint Class – Community College - Plano,
Brazao has works in several private and public collections around the world: Brazil, Portugal, Netherlands, Germany, New Hampshire, Texas, Massachusetts, Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland.
Articles, Publications and Interviews• Allquor Magazine – 2010
• Planet Earth Planet Art – Mirca Art Group, 2010
• Mirca Art Group: 10 Dec 1948, 2009
• Luso Americano Newspaper - 2001, 2006; 2007;2008;2009
• Loudoun Connections – VA, 2006
• Washington Post – VA, 2005
• Plano Television Network – 3 Generations of Art - Apr.2004
• Plano Television Network - Plano Portfolio – Jan. 2005
• Plano Television Network – Things with Wings Art show – June 2004
• Loteria, Loteria DOS – Bath House – May 2004
• The Gazette – May 2004
• Art Calendar – June 2003
• Latino Cultural Center - Inaugural Exhibition – catalogue – September 2003
• Plano Star Courier – June 2003; April 2004
• The Telegraph – July 1999; Dec 1999; Jan 2000; May 2000; Jan 2001; May 2001
• The Amherst Citizen – May 2000
• Luso Americano – May 2001
• 24 horas – May 2001
• Portuguese Times – August 1999
• The Broadcaster - May 2001
• Elements of
Healing – Find Art – Meditation with Art – Dallas,
Council of PTAs – Cultural
Diversity Chairperson, Plano - TX -
|© 2010 Leonor Alvim Brazao. All rights reserved.|